Our people are at the heart of the business and we welcome applications from talented, passionate and highly skilled individuals to join our team.
Architectural Technicians / Technologists
We are seeking two Architectural Technicians to join our 90 strong Manchester City Centre architectural practice. The successful candidates will be given significant responsibility and will have the opportunity to work on a range of exciting projects in the residential, retail, office and port & leisure sectors.
The ideal candidate will possess appropriate technical qualifications e.g. minimum HNC/HND or equivalent; they will also have at least 3 years post-qualification experience, across all RIBA plan of work stages.
Experience of working in relevant commercial / residential sectors is essential. The ideal candidate will also need to be fully proficient in the use of Autodesk Revit and be up to date with current building regulations, technical guidance, and codes of practice.
Our people are at the core of the business and we are a fun, friendly and hardworking team. Salary will be dependent on experience and reviewed annually. In addition we offer a number of benefits as identified on our Careers page. We fully embrace flexible and hybrid working and our new high quality office in the heart of Manchester offers seamless hybrid working integration.
Please forward cv and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a highly creative Marketing Coordinator to join our 90-strong, Manchester based architectural practice. The role will be a hybrid one, with your time in the office spent in our modern city centre studio.
As part of our Business Development & Marketing (BDM) Team, you will assist with the delivery of our Projects Strategy - supporting AEW to identify and secure new and repeat work through a variety of marketing tools and activities. You will work collaboratively across the practice and will be involved with all aspects of BDM, including the design of all marketing collateral and digital content as well as acting as a champion for our brand.
On a day-to-day basis, the role will involve supporting the Marketing Manager to create content for and coordinate:
- Digital marketing (website/CMS, intranet, social media, videos, e-newsletters)
- Marketing collateral (brochures, bids, presentations, CVs, award submissions, merchandise)
- Adhoc practice graphics (screensavers, practice displays, corporate and project documents)
- Practice and industry events (external and internal)
- AEW’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System
- Departmental associated admin
You will also be required to assist the Marketing Manager in reporting on BDM Plan performance monthly and providing ad hoc support to draft social media and website copy and administrating bids in their absence.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Relevant degree (e.g. Marketing, Graphic Design, Design, Architecture, Interior Design) and/or relevant experience in a similar role.
- Creative graphic design and document formatting experience.
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign & Photoshop.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint & Excel).
- Good time management and organisational skills - able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good interpersonal skills and a great collaborator.
- A good grasp of the English language and comfortable writing marketing copy if required.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator & Premiere Pro.
- Familiar with Marketing & Social Media Apps (Mailchimp, Hootsuite, Canva etc.)
- Competent with the use of website/CMS systems such as WordPress.
Our people are at the core of the business, and we are a fun, friendly and hardworking team. Salary will be dependent on experience and reviewed annually. We value, celebrate and embrace our diverse workforce. We ensure that all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity and that our practice is representative of all sections of society. See further details on our approach to wellbeing, benefits, professional development and equality and diversity on our website.
To apply, please forward a CV and covering letter/email to email@example.com.
We are looking for a Team Coordinator to provide admin support to a large team of architects and designers who work specifically on retail workstreams within a 90+ strong architectural practice.
The successful candidate will be responsible for updating project trackers, recording incoming and outgoing document issues, instructing surveys, organising travel, internal team meetings and social events. There will also be occasional reception cover as required.
You will need to be organised, a good communicator with an eye for detail and have a basic knowledge of excel. In return, there will be lots of on-the-job support and guidance with a company who really believe in training and development.
Our people are at the core of the business, and we are a fun, friendly and hardworking team. Salary will be dependent on experience and reviewed annually. In addition we offer a number of benefits as identified on our Careers page.
Please forward a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are frequently told that working for Aew feels like you are part of a family. Our culture is built on our values and our people are at the heart of our business. Loyalty is built with respect, support, recognition and appreciation.
We have been acknowledged as one of the ‘Best Places to Work in Property’ on numerous occasions by Property Week and have held Investors in People accreditation since 2008. Having just received the ‘Investors in People Silver Award for Wellbeing’ we are committed to and working towards Gold.
Some of the things we do to support wellbeing include:
- Offering an Employee Assistance Plan
- Ongoing wellbeing training
- A considerate colleague charter
- Valuing and celebrating difference
- Offering flexible working
- Providing daily fruit and a cycle to work scheme
- Ensuring work is matched to the appropriate skills
- Providing the support and nurturing needed to thrive
- Monthly Office Briefings to share knowledge and recognise and acknowledge achievements
Other benefits we offer include:
- Flexible and hybrid working
- Pension scheme
- Recommend an employee scheme
- Monthly on the spot rewards (related to performance)
- Quarterly practice social events
- Team social events twice a year
- Interest free season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Increase in holiday for length of service (starting with 23 days, plus bank holidays)
- Long service awards/acknowledgement (10+ years)
- Statutory maternity pay, statutory paternity pay and shared parental leave
- Student pledges
- Professional subscriptions/fees paid
- Appraisal process that is valued and believed in and used to develop professional development plans
- In-house CPD Programme
- Clear routes to progression
- Work experience placements and Apprenticeships
- Student mentoring programmes
Our Part I students usually return to us for their Part II placements and many of our Senior Management Team originally joined us as students.
We value, celebrate and embrace a diverse workforce and have signed up to the RIBA Inclusion Charter. We recognise that when you bring your authentic self to work everyone benefits. We offer job shares, part time and flexible working and a supportive environment which contributes to a diverse and inclusive culture that we are all proud to be part of.
We are fully committed to a policy of treating all of its employees and job applicants equally. Line managers receive training on the AEW’s policy and all employees are aware of their responsibilities and what they can do to create a work environment that celebrates diversity. Managers are responsible for ensuring they value and embrace difference within their teams.
We have a Considerate Colleague Charter that reinforces this and we are also committed to equal pay. We endeavour to maintain a pay system that is transparent, free from bias and based on objective criteria.
We are also a certified a Disability Confident Committed Employer [DCS030634].