Our people are at the heart of the business and we welcome applications from talented, passionate and highly skilled individuals to join our team.
An exciting opportunity for a BIM Coordinator to join our experienced BIM team working on and supporting a wide variety of projects. The successful candidate will report directly to our BIM Manager, and will be responsible for providing project support and coordination services to a number of project teams throughout the office, as well as assisting the BIM Manager with other BIM related tasks.
- Create and maintain project specific BIM Execution Plans
- Lead BIM Kick-Off meetings and attend project DTMs where required.
- Support the generation of BIM required deliverables, exports, and data drops.
- Undertake clash detection exercises as required.
- Assist in creating project specific Revit content.
- Assist in modelling of complex interfaces and elements.
- Provide on the project support and training.
- Contribute to and co-lead to internal Revit User Group sessions.
- Carry out model audit exercises to identify areas for improvement.
- Monitor QA compliancy on projects and models.
Qualities and Skills Required:
- In depth working knowledge of both Autodesk Revit and Navisworks.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team.
- A passion for training and supporting others.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience of the use of Dynamo.
- Experience of coding, using Python or similar.
The candidate must demonstrate relevant experience and/or a related academic qualification.
Please forward cv and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part I Architectural Assistant
In this role, you will be assigned a one-to-one mentor who will work with you throughout the year to offer guidance and support, including PEDR sheet review and sign-off.
We will provide you with:
Opportunity to experience all RIBA Plan of Work stages, including:
- Concept design / feasibility work
- Planning application drawings and documents
- Preparation of tender and construction information
Exposure to the commercial reality of practice including:
- First hand contact with clients and consultants
- A minimum of 4no client / design team meetings
- A minimum of 2no site visits
Quarterly study sessions to cover key topics in preparation for your Part II & Part III:
- Fee proposals and appointment documents
- Planning process
- Procurement and tender
- Construction and contract administration
Full Revit training and BIM / design workshops / virtual reality suite
Competitive salary and ‘on the spot’ reward scheme for exceptional performance.
Structured appraisal system including remuneration review
Monthly team meetings, staff briefings and practice bulletins.
A comprehensive training and CPD programme
Full technical library including access to NBS and IHS subscriptions.
Regular social events and activities
Charity fund-raising and social value activities
In return, we would like you to:
Engage with us
Please forward cv and covering letter to email@example.com
Sustainability Lead / Sustainability Consultant
We are seeking a Sustainability Lead / Sustainability Consultant to join our 60+ Manchester City Centre architectural practice.
The successful candidate will be passionate about sustainability and help drive our services towards a regenerative future. The role will include a diverse mix of inhouse training, project support as well as direct Client engagement. Principle functions will include:
- Creating and managing our CPD programme. This will include research into evolving topics and delivering regular in-house training. Research and development will be collaborative amongst our internal ‘sustainable influencers’ team which will also be led by the successful candidate
- Active contribution to external groups and associations to ensure that we help drive the industry response to sustainability. This may include Architects Declare, ACAN and others
- Support to our projects:
- Contribution in early-stage internal design reviews to promote low carbon design and sustainable decision making
- Assist teams in Lifecycle Carbon Analysis from an early stage and throughout design development
- Provide analysis of our projects against benchmarks to assess ongoing improved design performance
- Assist our business development and marketing functions to promote the practice and help inform our Clients and the wider industry regarding sustainable and regenerative design
- Collaborate with our Quality Team, capturing data for our Environmental Management reporting and confirm our annual business carbon footprint
- Enthusiasm and experience in sustainability
- Industry experience
- High level of carbon literacy including experience of Lifecycle Carbon Analysis (all RIBA stages)
- Excellent communication skills
- Relevant higher education qualification
- Professional services experience
- Sustainability assessment experience with tools such as BREEAM, LEED etc
- Understanding of BIM processes including soft landings
- Experience in collating post occupancy information for analysis
- Experience with social value mapping / definition, development and verification of positive social outcomes on projects
Our people are at the core of the business and we are a fun, friendly and hardworking team. Salary will be dependent on experience and reviewed annually, in addition we offer a number of benefits as identified on our Careers page.
Please forward cv and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are frequently told that working for Aew feels like you are part of a family. Our culture is built on our values and our people are at the heart of our business. Loyalty is built with respect, support, recognition and appreciation.
We have been acknowledged as one of the ‘Best Places to Work in Property’ on numerous occasions by Property Week and have held Investors in People accreditation since 2008. Having just received the ‘Investors in People Silver Award for Wellbeing’ we are committed to and working towards Gold.
Some of the things we do to support wellbeing include:
- Offering an Employee Assistance Plan
- Ongoing wellbeing training
- A considerate colleague charter
- Valuing and celebrating difference
- Offering flexible working
- Providing daily fruit and discounted gym membership
- Ensuring work is matched to the appropriate skills
- Providing the support and nurturing needed to thrive
- Monthly Office Briefings to share knowledge and recognise and acknowledge achievements
Other benefits we offer include:
- A recommend an employee scheme and the opportunity to receive a monthly on the spot reward (related to performance), along with a personal thank you from a Director.
- Quarterly social events and a year end annual presentation where we review the years achievements and outline our future plans.
- Team social events twice a year
- Pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Increase in holiday for length of service starting with 23 days plus bank holidays
- Long service awards/acknowledgement (10+ years)
- Statutory maternity pay, statutory paternity pay and shared parental leave
- Student pledges
- Professional subscriptions/fees paid
- Appraisal process that is valued and believed in and used to develop professional development plans
- In-house CPD Programme
- Clear routes to progression
- Work experience placements and Apprenticeships
- Student mentoring programmes
Our Part I students usually return to us for their Part II placements and many of our Senior Management Team originally joined us as students.
We value, celebrate and embrace a diverse workforce and have signed up to the RIBA Inclusion Charter. We recognise that when you bring your authentic self to work everyone benefits. We offer job shares, part time and flexible working and a supportive environment which contributes to a diverse and inclusive culture that we are all proud to be part of.
We are fully committed to a policy of treating all of its employees and job applicants equally. Line managers receive training on the AEW’s policy and all employees are aware of their responsibilities and what they can do to create a work environment that celebrates diversity. Managers are responsible for ensuring they value and embrace difference within their teams.
We have a Considerate Colleague Charter that reinforces this and we are also committed to equal pay. We endeavour to maintain a pay system that is transparent, free from bias and based on objective criteria.