Our people are at the heart of the business and we welcome applications from talented, passionate and highly skilled individuals to join our team.
Architectural Technician / Technologist
We are seeking an Architectural Technician to join our 70+ Manchester City Centre architectural practice.
The successful candidate will be given significant responsibility and will have the opportunity to work on a range of exciting and fast-paced projects in the retail sector.
The ideal candidate will possess appropriate technical qualifications e.g. minimum HNC/HND or equivalent; they will also have at least 3 years post-qualification experience, across all RIBA plan of work stages.
Experience of retail/commercial interior fit-out packages, including bespoke detailing and specification writing, is essential. The ideal candidate will also need to be fully proficient in the use of Autodesk Revit and be up to date with current building regulations, technical guidance, and codes of practice. They will work as part of a team reporting to a job runner but will be expected to work independently.
Our people are at the core of the business and we are a fun, friendly and hardworking team. Salary will be dependent on experience and reviewed annually. In addition, we offer a number of benefits including:
- Professional development plans
- Pension contribution
- 31 days holiday (including Bank Holidays), increasing with length of service
- Interest free travel season ticket loans
- Ability to buy extra holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly Socials
- Charity engagement
- On the spot rewards
In addition to the benefits offered we have a strong culture of continued learning and development including, mentoring, coaching and a continuing professional development programme (CPD), along with supporting you to work towards professional chartership.
We value, celebrate and embrace our diverse workforce. We ensure that all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity and that our organisation is representative of all sections of society.
Please forward cv and covering letter to email@example.com
Industrial Architect or Senior Technician
An opportunity exists for a job running, client facing architect or senior technician with specific industrial sector experience.
We are one of the regions most active practices in the Industrial sector with numerous key clients and commissions in the North West. The successful candidate will have significant experience in the industrial sector on large scale industrial, distribution and manufacturing projects from conception to construction. A good all rounder with client facing experience, good technical skills and an understanding in Revit and AutoCad are essential as is familiarity with the UK Building Regs.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in designing and delivering small and large scale industrial projects
- Experience of managing the workload of the relevant technical support
- 3 years minimum client facing experience in industrial projects
- Qualified architect or equivalent construction qualification
- Experience and/or understanding of AutoCad, Sketch-up, Revit
- Self motivated focus to achieve project deadlines
Please forward cv and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Interior Designer / Interior Designer
We are seeking a Graduate / Interior Designer to join our 70+ strong Manchester City Centre architectural practice.
You will be responsible for the design, spatial planning and full drawing preparation for a variety of projects under the guidance of a senior designer, primarily within the retail, accommodation and office sectors.
Candidates must demonstrate a flair for design with good communication skills including working as part of a team.
Knowledge of Autocad is essential and skills in Photoshop, InDesign, Sketch Up and hand sketching are preferable.
Our people are at the core of the business and we are a fun, friendly and hardworking team. Salary will be dependent on experience and reviewed annually, in addition we offer a number of benefits as identified on our Careers page.
Please forward cv and covering letter to email@example.com
We are frequently told that working for Aew feels like you are part of a family. Our culture is built on our values and our people are at the heart of our business. Loyalty is built with respect, support, recognition and appreciation.
We have been acknowledged as one of the ‘Best Places to Work in Property’ on numerous occasions by Property Week and have held Investors in People accreditation since 2008. Having just received the ‘Investors in People Silver Award for Wellbeing’ we are committed to and working towards Gold.
Some of the things we do to support wellbeing include:
- Offering an Employee Assistance Plan
- Ongoing wellbeing training
- A considerate colleague charter
- Valuing and celebrating difference
- Offering flexible working
- Providing daily fruit and discounted gym membership
- Ensuring work is matched to the appropriate skills
- Providing the support and nurturing needed to thrive
- Monthly Office Briefings to share knowledge and recognise and acknowledge achievements
Other benefits we offer include:
- A recommend an employee scheme and the opportunity to receive a monthly on the spot reward (related to performance), along with a personal thank you from a Director.
- Quarterly social events and a year end annual presentation where we review the years achievements and outline our future plans.
- Team social events twice a year
- Pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Increase in holiday for length of service starting with 23 days plus bank holidays
- Long service awards/acknowledgement (10+ years)
- Statutory maternity pay, statutory paternity pay and shared parental leave
- Student pledges
- Professional subscriptions/fees paid
- Appraisal process that is valued and believed in and used to develop professional development plans
- In-house CPD Programme
- Clear routes to progression
- Work experience placements and Apprenticeships
- Student mentoring programmes
Our Part I students usually return to us for their Part II placements and many of our Senior Management Team originally joined us as students.
We value, celebrate and embrace a diverse workforce and have signed up to the RIBA Inclusion Charter. We recognise that when you bring your authentic self to work everyone benefits. We offer job shares, part time and flexible working and a supportive environment which contributes to a diverse and inclusive culture that we are all proud to be part of.
We are fully committed to a policy of treating all of its employees and job applicants equally. Line managers receive training on the AEW’s policy and all employees are aware of their responsibilities and what they can do to create a work environment that celebrates diversity. Managers are responsible for ensuring they value and embrace difference within their teams.
We have a Considerate Colleague Charter that reinforces this and we are also committed to equal pay. We endeavour to maintain a pay system that is transparent, free from bias and based on objective criteria.