Our people are at the heart of the business and we welcome applications from talented, passionate and highly skilled individuals to join our team.
We are seeking Interior Designers to join our 80+ Manchester City Centre architectural practice.
The successful candidates will be responsible for design, spatial planning and full drawing preparation for a variety of projects within our 5 key sectors. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a flair for design with good communication skills including team working.
Knowledge of Autocad is essential, with skills in Photoshop and hand sketching preferable along with a good understanding of current building regs and codes of practice. You will work as part of a team reporting to a job runner but will be expected to work independently.
Our people are at the core of the business and we are a fun, friendly and hardworking team. Salary will be dependent on experience and reviewed annually. In addition we offer a number of benefits as identified on our Careers page. We fully embrace flexible and hybrid working and our new high quality office in the heart of Manchester offers seamless hybrid working integration.
Please forward cv and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are frequently told that working for Aew feels like you are part of a family. Our culture is built on our values and our people are at the heart of our business. Loyalty is built with respect, support, recognition and appreciation.
We have been acknowledged as one of the ‘Best Places to Work in Property’ on numerous occasions by Property Week and have held Investors in People accreditation since 2008. Having just received the ‘Investors in People Silver Award for Wellbeing’ we are committed to and working towards Gold.
Some of the things we do to support wellbeing include:
- Offering an Employee Assistance Plan
- Ongoing wellbeing training
- A considerate colleague charter
- Valuing and celebrating difference
- Offering flexible working
- Providing daily fruit and a cycle to work scheme
- Ensuring work is matched to the appropriate skills
- Providing the support and nurturing needed to thrive
- Monthly Office Briefings to share knowledge and recognise and acknowledge achievements
Other benefits we offer include:
- Flexible and hybrid working
- Pension scheme
- Recommend an employee scheme
- Monthly on the spot rewards (related to performance)
- Quarterly practice social events
- Team social events twice a year
- Interest free season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Increase in holiday for length of service (starting with 23 days, plus bank holidays)
- Long service awards/acknowledgement (10+ years)
- Statutory maternity pay, statutory paternity pay and shared parental leave
- Student pledges
- Professional subscriptions/fees paid
- Appraisal process that is valued and believed in and used to develop professional development plans
- In-house CPD Programme
- Clear routes to progression
- Work experience placements and Apprenticeships
- Student mentoring programmes
Our Part I students usually return to us for their Part II placements and many of our Senior Management Team originally joined us as students.
We value, celebrate and embrace a diverse workforce and have signed up to the RIBA Inclusion Charter. We recognise that when you bring your authentic self to work everyone benefits. We offer job shares, part time and flexible working and a supportive environment which contributes to a diverse and inclusive culture that we are all proud to be part of.
We are fully committed to a policy of treating all of its employees and job applicants equally. Line managers receive training on the AEW’s policy and all employees are aware of their responsibilities and what they can do to create a work environment that celebrates diversity. Managers are responsible for ensuring they value and embrace difference within their teams.
We have a Considerate Colleague Charter that reinforces this and we are also committed to equal pay. We endeavour to maintain a pay system that is transparent, free from bias and based on objective criteria.
We are also a certified a Disability Confident Committed Employer [DCS030634].